Hello
I was at the Acronis site with the laptop and inadvertently my right hand skidded across the lower right corner of the systray.
Now I can hover the cursor over the right side and move the white section arcoss the blue desktop but the icons and clock etc are all over the place.
Further, I cannot use system restore as it comes up with a red cross going back 3 times.
i don't know what I did but need to restore the desktop.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Describing where everything is would take too long;suffice to say icons are on the right + the clock looks strange as though it was in fine print.
The recycle bin moved to the upper left from the lower left. The start menu moved to the right from the left and is at the top..
Please advise.
Tank you
From what you've posted, sounds like all you can do is move things back where they belong.
I use a small program called Iconoid to control the placement of icons on the Desktop. Once it's installed, start it then select the following options.
Hiding tab - Never hide
Position tab - Automatically restore
Options tab - Start with Windows, Hide when started, uncheck Display tool tips
Click on the Hide button at the bottom
Now when XP boot, the Desktop icons will be put back where they were the last time you saved the setup. To save, right click on the Desktop, select Manage Desktop Icons then Save Icon Positions. To restore, same but select Restore Icon Positions.
Another called DesktopOK also provides the same capability and works with Windows 7.
I worked for about an hour and finally found, by replicating my 'slip action', that I could begin to reassemble the items on the desktop. After some time I finally restored the desktop.
It was such a fluke but as I read the programs you are suggesting, I guess it happens.
I will download the one you use and I thank you for replying and providing the programs which will prevent this in the future.