This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Desktop icons

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi can anyone give me any advice or idea of what is going on with my desktop Icons? Today most of them are displaying a small clock in a red frame. Looks like its sitting at 3 o'clock with a second hand at 40 secs. I can't start any of my programs as they don't respond to clicks and have to use the start menu. Is this another spyware/malaware/virus trick that I haven't come across yet. Like the joke page that Installed itself on my PC as a screensaver and just as annoying. :huh: Grateful for any light shed on this. Thank you. Lynchy.
Thanks Crow. I've been checking in everyday for some help. I downloaded hijack this on the 8th of this month and posted a hijack this log, same day. I've also got adaware and spybot but they ain't working too well on a new thing called PS guard. You want to have a look at that log as their is an entry in it relating to ps guard and its more or less the same log when I looked at it earlier today. Thanks man!
This problem about desktop icons was resolved when I restored quarantined files and registry entries related to PSguard. I don't need any further assistance on this topic. Unless its about spyware removal but I'm waiting on a dude getting back to me about that so it's cool. Lynchy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI