This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Random freezes; stuck in reboot cycle

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. As recently as 2 days ago I've been getting random freezes and equally random reboot cycles that reboot my computer over and over again. A few times, my computer has rebooted itself in the middle of me working on something. I've tried rolling back to a restore point from a week ago, but this hasn't helped the problem. What's interesting is that I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for a few hours each day for the last 3 days, and haven't had a reboot or a freeze while in-game. While out of game is when the reboots have happened, and strangely enough, the freezes have hit while having other games running other than ME2. Out of curiosity I uninstalled ME2 from my computer, but the problem is still there. I'm running Windows XP, I'm not thoroughly computer literate but would be glad to provide any additional information requested. Thanks again.
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums.

Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. But I supect that you may be infected, so its best for you to have the machine checked out by a specialist malware fighter:
Go here: for directions and follow them carefully

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Are_you_Infe…lp_t106388.html

However please be assured that they will get to your post as soon as they can.

It's important that you do not send a second or "follow up" post in the Infections Removal forum until you have received a response from them there (The malware fighters look first for posts with zero response).

Once your machine has been checked for malware and declared clean and the problem still exist, please post back here in this topic and we will do our best to help.

Regards,
Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI