Hi and I hope I'm in the correct forum, if not I'm sorry.
I've had this problem for over a week, mainly its when I run a game or program that uses most of my CPU. The game is Mass Effect(not online), but i think its just my video card/sound device that causes the freeze(then i have to reboot) which isn't that big to me b/c its just a game(this problem for about 3 weeks). Its when I run AVG 8.0 to scan my pc, its works for a while then goes to the blue screen, and that scares me(for about a week). I don't know if its hardware of software or a virus.
At one point yesterday I couldn't even operate my pc(it would continually reboot). I ran in Safe Mode and ran my virus scanner, until it eventually froze. So I rebooted and could at least browse the internet and operate my pc.
When the game freezes my pc it said something about not enough virtual memory once. Alot of the time it would freeze, I would alt-tab out and my RealTek Audio Device Manager would say I have plugged in a new device(which i hadn't) often after i clicked OK and could resume playing it, but would lock my pc up soon after.
When the scan crashes my PC the blue screen would say nothing but 'your OS has shut down to prevent harmful damage'. Once it did say something about Data_Loss_something_something. Thank you in advance!!!
My computer was custom built by a friend and I 14 months ago.
OS: Window XP Pro SP2
AMD(Athlon) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21 GHz, 2 GB of RAM
Video Card: GeForce 8600 GT
Hello prov1,
I feel you have too many problems so need to post another HJT log in the correct forum. I notice LDTate helped you in July 2008.
You can wait until others awake with their opinion, but my suggestion would be as I have advised above.
Once you post in the Malware forum we cannot help you here until your log is cleared of Malware by an accredited Malware fighter.
If after being cleared for Malware you are still having problems please post back into this thread for further assistance.
kind regards,
Edit to make my post more understandable for prov1.
I am sorry but I don't understand. Are you saying because I had a problem before, which was resolved, I can't be helped again with a different one? Are you saying my problem is malware related? and if so I need to reopen the old topic in the malware section which was 6 months ago and cleared?
Good heavens no I am not saying that. I see you have attached a HJT log to your last post. We do not analyse HJT logs in this forum so I suggest you follow the link below to post your log in the correct forum.
You posted a log in July 2008 so I asssumed wrongly that you knew the procedure for posting another in the correct forum here
We are always here to help you, so if after posting the log (following the link above) you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here
I am sorry if my reply to your initial post was not clear to you. Please never think we will not assist, that is the main purpose of this forum to help members.
A very Happy New Year to you and please post back if you do not understand this post as I will wait online for you to ask more questions.
OH!! i think I understand what you are saying. so I need a to get that topic reopened so I can add a new HJT log, right? since it is one topic per computer. I should have just read the Welcome New Members! so sorry i was confused. thank you good sir and Happy New Year to you!
OH!! i think I understand what you are saying. so I need a to get that topic reopened so I can add a new HJT log, right? since it is one topic per computer. I should have just read the Welcome New Members! so sorry i was confused. thank you good sir and Happy New Year to you!
No, please post a new log in a new thread following the links I gave you if you have forgotten how to post a fresh HJT log to the Malware forum. Your July log is far to out of date, so a new log in a new thread on the correct forum is imperative.
Prov1,
Hallelujah…………marvelous, tremendous……good work.
All OK when checked for you moments ago.
Just to refresh your memory, sit back and wait for a reply, do not answer the log you posted as the Malware fighters look for logs unanswered.
I am off to bed now, it is late here. I will keep an eye on your log to see how it progresses.
It was a pleasure to assist you.
kind regards,
Hi prov1,
Good morning, the start of another day.
We do not close posts in this forum, you may like to return with an update how your faired with your log in the HJT forum or have another question after you are cleared of Malware.
Best regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI