Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Concern: SARG (squid analysis report generator)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan A

Bryan A

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy Football, Raising my Grand Kids, Chess, Golf and Basketball

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

While going over settings for my newly installed Online Armor firewall I came across this website listed under the website management folder. When I googled it I found out it is a way for every site I visit or that my system blocks to be reported to someone. But I don't know who or what, I'm very leery of this and need some clarification from your staff about the safety of having it allowed. If it is a harmful application how and what should I do about it? Squid analysis report generator, when I right click it I get a message that says: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. If I'm just being overly paranoid please let me know, upon further investigation I see that it is reported as being unsafe and a high security risk. Why is it on my system and how did it get there?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Open Online Armor/General/Internet settings and untick:
"Send anonymous information about programs I choose to allow or deny etc... No personally identifiable information is stored. For more details see our privacy policy".
This sort of info. collection is not uncommon among security software vendors as it helps them futher develop their product.

I have used OA for years and it's one of the best firewalls around. Light on resources and easy to live with.
Scores a 10 out of 10 (excellent) by Maeousec:
http://www.matousec....nge/results.php

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#3 Bryan A

Bryan A

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy Football, Raising my Grand Kids, Chess, Golf and Basketball

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info, I've also used OA for a couple of years but just went back to them recently. I'm glad it appears as if nothing is out of the ordinary. I'll keep my eyes open for anything suspicious.