This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

malware or not

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I was reading something and box popped up with the following asking to allow. I did not allow and x'd out. s.ytimg.com I have read about it and some suggest going to the control panel and blocking it. Is that advisable? If so, how would you go about it?
Computer Techie, this is not really a virus and definitely not a browser redirector. Read the info at the link I posted and you'll see what I mean.
Rich I don't see a settings I can right click on. No matter what I right click on I don't see what you have posted. I saw your posted box when I was first prompted to make a choice but do not have it now. Maybe I just x'd my way out. When I click local the box appears with nothing in it. . Peter I went to YouTube and saw that box so clicked on deny. It is now in my local box and set as block. Should I make it remove or leave it as block? PS This is crazy, I went back to YouTube and now my local box with the blocked item is gone.

Attachments:

You right click on the flash video being shown, that brings up the dialog where you can pick Settings.



I was late in getting to this- please see my other reply.

PS This is crazy, I went back to YouTube and now my local box with the blocked item is gone.
The fog has lifted. I now know what you meant. I clicked on a video and saw that item. I chose to block it then went to local and chose to remove it. There is also an options to never put any thing in my pc. Did you make your adjustments at the YouTube>settings site or at the Flash>local site? What did you select? I'll copy your deny if I can find it again.
I went to Flash and clicked local. I then clicked on that item and chose block so it stops it. You also have a choice in Flash to remove. Alternatively I went to YouTube and right clicked, as you said, to settings and clicked appropriately. I find when I do the latter, even if I say not to come back, it does. I have better luck in Flash. I'll see if I can out it in Explorer to block.
Apparently this s.ytimg.com has a lot of servers and is a real pain for many people.

The letter have to do with YouTube something like Y tube image.

In MSIE 10 I went to tools and activated inprivate browsing and tracking protection. With tracking protection you click on 'get tracking protection list' and scroll to the bottom where you see Truste.

Being a YouTube issue you can right click when in YouTube and set both settings and global settings.

Open Flash and block s.ytimg.com.

Open explorer and under security> restricted = block s.ytimg.com.

This is the best I could do but b/c there are so many servers being used by YouTube, they can keep changing like s.ytimg.com to

e.ytimg.com.

If you find any better solution please let us all know as the bad guys are ahead.

Untill there is a no call directory for us, it appears they are ahead, unless your browser is bocking this for youas was mentioned in this thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI