This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sophos vs MSE

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been using Sophos for several years because I've had university license, and it has worked okay so far. However, I'm thinking about to MSE because I've heard good things about it, and because Sophos seems block a lot of non-malicious programs. What do you guys think? Is MSE secure enough?
Both are competent products.

Sophos has historically addressed the needs of enterprise (commercial and agency-wide) solutions.
I don't think I've ever seen an offering for home-user. (except that company employees can use the same commercial product at home for free)
I have used some of Sophos specific rescue CD utilities for scanning already infected machines… with good result.

I have currently been moving more machines to Microsoft Security Essentials with good result.
I still have a few with combination installs of AVG or Avira antivirus plus Malwarebytes antispyware.

I would recommend adding Malwarebytes to any machine protected with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Plus have a look at our Security - Best Practices posting for additional information.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI