This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Laptop touch pad+charger stopped working suddenly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey friends! I am bit worried because my laptop touch pad stopped working….There was no issue with that earlier. It stopped working suddenly and after that the charger also stopped working….Don't know whats going on? Why touch pad not working? Why Charger became un-functional( Charging light is off at the charger)? I am really worried HELP plz
Help us help you. What brand/model is your machine? What operating system? Things that happen suddenly are always preceded by something else. What was running on the machine when each of the problems appeared? Any new "stuff" added? Software or hardware upgrades. New location or different electrical receptacle where the the power supply is plugged in? Any physical movement/damage to the laptop or power supply?
its dell D600, Windows XP I turned it on after coming from work and found it in this state.. No new stuff added…No upgrades I use laptop at three different locations but this problem never appeared before. I am using the machine since three months and different places And no physical damage at all ! What it can be?
I took the charger to local repair shop today, he opened it up and found it burnt from inside….He 'll now fix it To clear my question more i should tell you that touch pad only stopped working when i was charging my laptop…I mean it was working fine when i was not charging it…So i guess theres something wrong only with charger as i found it burnt today at repair shop But i don't know whether fixing the charger will fix the touch pad too? what u say??????

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI