This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

remote access

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Is there a secure way to access my home computer from a remote pc? I have read about Windows remote Access and unless you tinker with the registry it seems to be a poor choice. Than there are programs that cost which are not practical if you access the home pc 4 times a year. Also, I would not want to weaken the pc security to access it or inherit spy ware. I Googled the topic but need a clear, dependable answer so came here, as usual.
Peter there are several options available. The easiest, and safest solution would to be to use logmein.com or gotomypc.com. They both have free options available. It is as secure as your password is. Thats your responsibility.
I read about TeamViewer as it got good ratings by C NET but I could no tell if there was a free version for individuals. I will read about your referrals but do you know about TeamViewer? Thank you for the referrals.
Yes, I have heard of TeamViewer and know of individuals who use it. I believe there is a free version and it is comparable to the two products I referenced already. Good luck.
I think GoToMypc stopped offering a free version of their software. I could be wrong. In my opinion there are enough free options available that I wouldn't even consider paying them. For logmein, make sure you get logmein FREE.

I think GoToMypc stopped offering a free version of their software. I could be wrong. In my opinion there are enough free options available that I wouldn't even consider paying them.

For logmein, make sure you get logmein FREE.



>>Actually, after some research, I used TeamViewer because it is free, has a standalone non install option. I worked it between my laptop and desktop and it was flawless.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI