This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dsiabled Sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay somehow I've disable my speakers on my monitor. I dual screen my computer with a 42in TV and a 19 monitor. The TV used HDMI cable the sound is fine on there. But the monitor uses the 3.5mm cord and no sound on there. Under the sound properties it doesn't even show the Speakers as playback device, and can't find them in device manger. HELP please!!!!! Windows Vista Home Premium 32-BIt OS SP2 Jeremy
I suggest going to the makers site and downloading the latest driver, then reinstalling it, see if that helps, the fact it doesn't show in the device manager suggests it may of been uninstalled, so see if this helps.
Speakers don't normally show up in Device Manager, at least not that I'm aware of. The sound/audio device (PCI or onboard) should though. If you expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers in Device Manager, is your sound card shown there? If not, are there any entries anywhere with a yellow mark? Is yes then as 8210GUY mentioned, downloading and installing the latest audio driver should fix the problem.
I finely figured it out. By default windows hides disabled sound devices. Somehow I disabled it. So for anyone that ever has/had this problem go to control panel - sounds - and on any tab right click on a device and ensure that show disabled device is checked. Thanks for the help everyone!! Jeremy
Jeremy , just to add to your post.

You can create a new environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 and you will see even more hidden devices, especially USB, when you click on Show hidden devices.

Or you can open a Command Prompt, type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. Then when you click on Show hidden devices you will again see more hidden devices than before.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI