This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Uneven TV Sound Output

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a 47" Visio TV that has a beautiful picture but horrible sound. When I am watching movies, I find that I have to turm the sound waaaaayyyy up to hear the characters talking but then turn it all the way back down when there is music playing. It's extremely annoying and frustrating. I have tried adjusting the inherent controls but nothing seems to help the issue. Would purchasing a separate soundbar eliminate this problem? Thanks!
I can't say a whole lot, not without knowing the specific spec of the set, but modern sets have a sound menu, and often have pre-set sounds, e.g. Cinema, Sports, Music etc., if yours has this then try the varied options and see if that helps, also look to see if there is a graphic equaliser in there as well, that will make a massive difference if it's not set right, apart from that, it may be a simple case of the set just can't perform as well as you want, BUT, that said, here they make things like adverts come out much louder, and sometimes it is the actual transmission of the program(s), if this is the case there is not a lot you can do. Now if your TV has audio out connections available, you can put your TV through a sound system, e.g. your Hi-Fi or home theatre if you have such a thing, if the TV is the weak link, then this can make a massive difference, but with a sound bar or any speaker set, you get what you pay for, and if you try to buy on the cheap, you will probably make it sound worse, so I suggest you hear one in action before buying it, so do some research before buying, or you could end up with an expensive door stop. Now as I said above, if you have the connection's, and the hardware, you can simply plug into your Hi-Fi if you have one, I always did that up to the point we got home cinema, and even though our old TV had fantastic sound, adding it to the Hi-Fi made it sound even better, it made films come alive, many times we went and answered our door when a doorbell rings, thinking it was our own one, only to find it was on the TV, so if you have these options then for the sake of a twin phono lead to connect to the Hi-Fi, you have a working solution, and if it works as well as in my experience, it will save you a lot of money, I hope something here helps a bit.
Thanks for replying. I have had the TV for over a year and have tried EVERY SETTING IMAGINABLE. Nothing seems to help. The set is in my bedroom so it's not hooked up to a sound system or stereo and I certainly don't need that in my room. I just want to be able to watch a movie without turning the volume up and down. I really don't have an issue with ads, only where the music seems to be enhanced, as in HD and Blu-Ray movies. I'll look into a good quality sound bar. If it doesn't work, I'll just return it. Something has got to be better than what I have now. Thanks again.

and sometimes it is the actual transmission of the program(s), if this is the case there is not a lot you can do.

my thoughts.

must admit it is one of my pet hates too, having to adjust the volume all the time, and the best solution i believe (if you can't sort it with the tv's inbuilt volume options.) is to get a 5:1 speaker system and then adjust each speaker volume until your happy, make the centre speaker loudest (where voice comes from most) and rest quieter to equal everything out.

no experience with a soundbar myself so that may be able to work around the different volume outputs also, let us know how you get on. :thumbup:

here's some links with people having the same problem and what they were told.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=54575
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1046895/music-to…oices-too-quiet
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi…22132756AAjRU9n

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI