This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

PC and Printer point to different networks

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Netgear network named "home". MY PC shows that it is connected to the network "home", but also shows another network connection "HOME-PC". My PC is pointed to the "HOME-PC" with one IP address. My printer is pointed to "home" with a different IP address. How do I get my PC to point to "home" instead of "HOME-PC"? I've added ports to the firewall related to "home", but my PC still isn't recognizing this network, even though on the network manager it shows being connected to "home" on the network connection it shows being connected to "HOME-PC". The PC and printer used to recognize the same network connection. I don't know what's changed, but right now, to print or scan, I have to us a USB connection between the PC and the Printer. Kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless network. :pullhair:
too little info. u dint give us the OS u use.include screenshots of your network connection icons. but all in all i' think you should delete both networks and just start from scratch
Hello vdsteg. It sounds as if you are using a wireless router and your wireless network name is "home" It sounds like your computer is a member of the "HOME-PC" work group which is a completely different thing all together. To me, it sounds as if your printer is connected to the "home" network and your PC is connected to the "home" network and both of them are wireless? If that is the case, they ARE on the same network. They WILL have a different IP address. They will be similar though. For instance, IP address 1 might be 192.168.0.100 and IP address 2 will be 192.168.0.102. Very similar. It sounds more like a software issue with your printer. Please confirm anything that I have said so we can go from there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI