This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless Laptop cannot find Printer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am trying to setup my laptop to print from my desktop attached printer. I have setup both on the same Network sharing in Windows 2000 Professional. But laptop cannot find the printer through the ADD A PRINTER WIZARD. It shows the networks on both systems and the printer on the Desktop network. Could it be that the printer is on a USB port?? and the desktop is run on the Router?? Need your help. :pullhair: FAR AZ
Hi, Problem solved, my Symantec client fire wall was blocking the network from the laptop. I put in the right ip address and it found the printer after that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI