This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Projector flickering

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am using a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop and a Sony PX-21 projector. About a month ago it started flickering on the projector screen (not the laptop screen). I tried with another computer and it was clear. I have tried all refresh rates but nothing changes. It's quite a bad flicker and I can't watch it without going insane. I am using NVIDIA GeForce display driver. Any thing I can do to stop this flickering??
Hi Jacee, Sorry, I should have said. It's Windows XP Home edition. The laptop was bought 3 years ago and I only use it for our entertainment unit in the living room - movies, music, photos etc. Everything was ok until a few weeks ago when this problem started. The only thing I can remember adding was XBMC (X-box media centre) - could that affect the monitor image? The other post I put up yesterday is completely unrelated to this on a differnt computer with Windows 7 64 bit version installed when I bought it. Thanks Adam

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI