This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook clean up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, How do I remove incorrect email addresses from Outlook? They are not in the address book but I can pull them up when typing in the "to", 'bc' and 'cc' boxes. For instance, I type in the word parts and get three choices, two of which have misspellings in the address. I want to delete those two misspellings. You assistance is appreciated. Thanks, Lynda
Hi You can simply do as it : Begin to type the name you want to suppress (2 or 3 first letters) Highlight it using arrows on your keyboard Press delete That's all…
That so didn't work. It only removed it from the screen but didn't remove it from the list. Where is the actual list located? It is not in the address book. Thanks, Lynda
Linda,

What version of Outlook are you dealing with.

Office 2010 Outlook is fairly easy to get at those names and delete specific ones.
Office 2003 Outlook is much more difficult and I am still struggling to find a path.

I think kalasch is correct about "Contacts", but the auto-completed name may not have been included into your Contacts yet and you would have had to do so deliberately.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI