Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook clean up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lynda Elaine

Lynda Elaine

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi, How do I remove incorrect email addresses from Outlook? They are not in the address book but I can pull them up when typing in the "to", 'bc' and 'cc' boxes. For instance, I type in the word parts and get three choices, two of which have misspellings in the address. I want to delete those two misspellings. You assistance is appreciated. Thanks, Lynda

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 kalasch

kalasch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hi You can simply do as it : Begin to type the name you want to suppress (2 or 3 first letters) Highlight it using arrows on your keyboard Press delete That's all...
Kalasch

#3 Lynda Elaine

Lynda Elaine

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

That so didn't work. It only removed it from the screen but didn't remove it from the list. Where is the actual list located? It is not in the address book. Thanks, Lynda

#4 kalasch

kalasch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Try to check in the Contacts area...
Kalasch

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Linda,

What version of Outlook are you dealing with.

Office 2010 Outlook is fairly easy to get at those names and delete specific ones.
Office 2003 Outlook is much more difficult and I am still struggling to find a path.

I think kalasch is correct about "Contacts", but the auto-completed name may not have been included into your Contacts yet and you would have had to do so deliberately.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.