kaz101
Topic Starter
Hi,
I connect through a VPN to a client's site using VPN-1 SecuRemote NGX R60 HFA2 (Build 052). They have changed their VPN set up and asked me to uninstall SecuRemote on my Vista laptop to re-install new VPN software.
The uninstall failed and the laptop re-booted itself and now I can't connect to the outside world - no email, internet or Skype on that laptop.
I found checkpoint Cpclean that should get rid of all their products - copied it over from another computer (because of course I can't connect to the internet), used that and did a reboot. I still can't connect to the outside world.
Now I'm assuming that the uninstall fail has left something shutdown but I've no idea what. I have contacted the client but their instructions have worked on all their Vista and XP computers and they don't know what to suggest.
Update: when looking at the local area connection it says IPv4 not connected and IPv6 not connected. Not sure if that's significant or a red herring?
Any pointers in the right direction or solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen
SOLVED: I managed to copy across the new VPN software from my other laptop and install it and all my connections reappeared. Not the ideal solution since I'm not sure what will happen the next time I have to uninstall it but at least I have access for now.
I connect through a VPN to a client's site using VPN-1 SecuRemote NGX R60 HFA2 (Build 052). They have changed their VPN set up and asked me to uninstall SecuRemote on my Vista laptop to re-install new VPN software.
The uninstall failed and the laptop re-booted itself and now I can't connect to the outside world - no email, internet or Skype on that laptop.
I found checkpoint Cpclean that should get rid of all their products - copied it over from another computer (because of course I can't connect to the internet), used that and did a reboot. I still can't connect to the outside world.
Now I'm assuming that the uninstall fail has left something shutdown but I've no idea what. I have contacted the client but their instructions have worked on all their Vista and XP computers and they don't know what to suggest.
Update: when looking at the local area connection it says IPv4 not connected and IPv6 not connected. Not sure if that's significant or a red herring?
Any pointers in the right direction or solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen
SOLVED: I managed to copy across the new VPN software from my other laptop and install it and all my connections reappeared. Not the ideal solution since I'm not sure what will happen the next time I have to uninstall it but at least I have access for now.