This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

How to Open a .swf File Without Using a Broswer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there, I'm just wondering how do you open a .swf file without the use of Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. In college, on the PC's flash files open up with Adobe Flash Player, like it's using a seperate program to open the .swf files. How do you do this?
Hey Jacee, thanks for the reply. I have looked at that before and all I found was that the .swf opens in a browser. I have installed Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player. Any other suggestions?
Hey Nahumi, thanks for the reply. I'll download one of those soon. It's weird because in the college I'm in, say if you open up a (downloaded) flash game that is a .swf file, it opens up in a window and the window title says "Adobe Flash Player" I'm not sure what version though, it could be 9. Is there any other way of just letting it open up in Flash Player or did I just miss one of your points, sorry if I did. Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI