This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Flash Movies(swf)

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I know from my visites here time to time, that people here a big on flash!! I'm away's seeing where TonCoyote Is posting good examples of flash!! I'm assuming that there would be some people here with some knowlage of flash!! I want to learn flash!! I know nothing about flash!! Well I can animate!! Here are some sigs a made for other forums..

For Dss DOMINATION……..

[external image: Posted Image]

And..

[external image: Posted Image]

For ISO Extreme……..

[external image: Posted Image]


I under stand these are gif files, But I could convert them over no problem!!

I have several programs for making flash(Sothink SWF Quicker, SWiSHmax, and Macromedia Flash 5) I don't know which is the best!! I use Sothink SWF Quicker for different things!! I've been told that SWiSHmax is a real good one to use!! I also know that Macromedia Flash is used by alot of people!!There are all capable of making flash!!

I don't know!!! Forums are hard for me to learn things like this from when I have I have no understanding of the subject!! When I learn a little forums are good for advice and exec.

So I guess what I want is a good website to learn from.

When I learned html I learned from davesite.com
http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chapX1.shtml

Dave layed everything out so it was easy to learn!

Does anyone know of a good site where I can learn flash??

Thanks for your time!!

I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong forum!!

blc1405
Yogi Bear
:) The best way to go for flash is to learn the base program, ( that being the one from macromedia ). After that all other apps will be a piece of cake. You need to understand the basic concepts of vector based animation, before trying to do any major work. If you dont know illustrator or freeehand yet id suggest learning the basics of one of those too. It will help in the long run. Also flash is a tool not an answer or art. Its a means to an end. Alot of people dont think about what they want to accomplish, and how to achieve it. I only say this because flash is turned to alot and it isnt always the rite tool for the job.

These two are great learning sites, and the best is they have source files that you can disect,
from there you can find links to many others

http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials
http://www.flashkit.com
I don't know if you are talking specifically of me or not, but I can assure you that Flash is not seen on this computer, I won't have it here, it is abused way too often in my opinion.
And i agree, that was the the tone of my post. But you have to be objective with out dogging on others ambitions to learn. ( Direct not Defect )