Could someone give some suggestions as to what I can do when my mouse freezes. It first froze yesterday, but was ok after switching off and turning the pc back again.
Today it has happened 4 times so far. The computer has been running from about 1.00pm, hasn't as yet been used until now. When I went to use it the mouse was frozen. After restarting the pc the mouse was frozen. This happened 3 times. The mouse was frozen when I turned on the pc again for the 4th time, but I was able to get into windows (by a fluke) using the tab key so I could ask this question.
It would take me ages to do it, but I could probably work my way round the pc once I figured out how to get into windows when this happens, but I'm afraid my family couldn't. It would also slow my work down considerably.
Apart from shutting down the pc (and hoping the mouse works when I turn it back on again) is there a cure for this, or is my mouse 'dying'. I'm just at about this stage
The mouse is a wireless one and put on charge every night when the pc is turned off.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
TBH I don't rate wireless mice, so many things can play up, wired is far better in my experience, now being wireless brings in more possible causes, so first question is have you added\installed ANYTHING in the property prior to this happening ? or maybe your neighbours ?
Because if there is a big enough electrical disturbance it can interfere with it, or any other wireless device, the frequency's may be so close together it's causing this conflict maybe.
You say you charge it every night, when was the last time the battery's were changed ?
All battery's give out eventually, so as an experiment try another set of battery's, if these work then theres your problem.
You could also try plugging your mouse (main controller\charger) into a different port and see if that helps, but no matter what the outcome of this mouse, I suggest getting a cheap wired mouse as a back up so your not going to be caught out again.
As a last thought if none of that helps, you could try installing\reinstalling the latest drivers again, you may get lucky, but most times it's either battery or interference related, hope something here helps, but as I said get a cheap wired mouse for back up no matter what, it will ease the frustration at times like this and you can still continue on working while trying to solve the issue, good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I have purchased a corded mouse. I will try reinstalling the wireless one once I get up and running again.
Thanks for the help, always appreciated.
hedley
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI