This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Antivirus XP 2010 Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, My computer recently ran into this issue. I keep getting false virus alerts for Antivirus XP 2010. I looked at the self help section and tried to follow your guide but couldn't get MBAM to run. I stopped av.exe, however every time I ran MBAM setup av.exe would start again! Any help would be greatly appreciated! UPDATE…I followed other posts on here and ran ComboFix with success. After I ran ComboFix I was able to run MBAM. I know…No patience, but my computer still feels like it is running slow. Is there anything else I can do?
If you followed the suggestions you'd post the scan results from MBAM and Combofix (which you shouldn't have done on your own).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI