This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] malware antivirus

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So, I've spent the last 2 hours trying to complete the 3 preparation steps and have finally gotten to the 3 actual steps. Here are some of my symptoms: Can't run .exe files, says they are infected. I can run .exe for about 5 seconds when I first boot and that is how I have run any of the files that I have run. I downloaded them on a separate computer and copied them off of a thumb drive. Can't run in safe mode, windows gives some blue screen of death. I'm trying to run MBAM but I'm not having luck. I tried renaming but again, I can't run .exe files. I will keep trying but in the meantime, I'd love to have any advice out there since my computer won't let me follow the steps you guys have posted. Thanks, N ***edit*** Got exe helper to run. here is the log: Still no luck with mbam. exeHelper by Raktor Build 20091220 Run at 12:47:54 on 01/22/10 Now searching… Checking for numerical processes… Checking for sysguard processes… Killed sysguard process abncsysguard.exe Killed sysguard process aqdjsysguard.exe Killed sysguard process abncsysguard.exe Killed sysguard process aqdjsysguard.exe Removing HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lihohlxu Deleting file C:\Documents and Settings\nikkus\Local Settings\Application Data\krsans\aqdjsysguard.exe Removing HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lihohlxu Removing HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Sonic RecordNow! Checking for bad processes… Checking for bad files… Checking for bad registry entries… Resetting filetype association for .exe Resetting filetype association for .com Resetting userinit and shell values… Resetting policies… –Finished– exeHelper by Raktor Build 20091220 Run at 12:51:25 on 01/22/10 Now searching… Checking for numerical processes… Checking for sysguard processes… Checking for bad processes… Checking for bad files… Checking for bad registry entries… Resetting filetype association for .exe Resetting filetype association for .com Resetting userinit and shell values… Resetting policies… –Finished–
see if you can download and run these programs:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.


NEXT


[external image: Posted Image]
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.

    [external image: Posted Image]
    Click the image to enlarge it
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
Sorry for the lack of reply. Ended up running Kaspersky rescue CD while I was waiting. It took 2½ days to finish scanning. I think the virus is gone but there are some other problems, so I'm just going to go for a clean start (reinstall OS). Thanks for your help.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI