This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Moderator

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am sorry to bother you but I wanted to thank Doug in other software for his help with AVG uninstaller. I could not. This led me to Windows and the same occured so I am here. Please tell him I appreciate the help and will try to figure out why I cannot post in Windows or other software. I recently made a display name change but it does not seem to affect this post and I do not think it would affect my ability to 'reply' in the other unless it was closed. Thank you for your help.
Hi Peter1, I appreciate your kind efforts to relate your thanks. :) I'm not clearly understanding the difficulty you describe related to Display Name change and posting. Has the problem resolved? Let us know if the problem persists.
Yes, Doug, apparently the glitch has gone. Long and short, and for others to read, McAfee is being replaced by Norton as of May 12th. The service is free to Comcast customers. This led me to look around for other protection services, thus the need to remove some of them. Although I never use registry cleaners, I did in this case to remove the clutter I built up trying programs. I have concluded I will pay for protection in May. I am used to McAfee and it has not failed me. I know it is said it is heavy on the machine but I really don't feel it. I gave Norton's Security center a try but it is really awkward to navigate and I'm geeing calls from friends that Quicken and other programs don't work with it. I read that it is top rated but for the average user, it is an issue. Anyway, between the glitch and this message i ran the reg cleaner so the problem was probably on my end. Long winded me thanx you.