This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

email

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello I am new to here and probably am not posting this to the right forum but….when i click on the link in my personal email that is sent to me from this site i get…..sorry the link that brought you to this page seems to be broken….the moderators have taken the time to answer my questions but i feel bad that I cannot only see the work they have done but I also cannot thank you them. I would appreciate any help…yes I went through the help section here. red headed vixen
This won't help solve the problem, but what I have to say may help (the links in emails always work for me :scratch: ).

There are other ways to find your way back to your post.

Number 1 - After you make a new thread, "copy/paste" the URL in your browser box into an email, and send it to yourself. Save the email for future reference until your topic is resolved. The link to your current thread is here:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=43885

Number 2 - After you log in here, click on your forum nickname (at the bottom of the page), then click on Find members posts. Normally your latest thread will be at the top of the list. Just click the link in the blue bar to go right to that topic.

I hope this helps.

M68 :)

This won't help solve the problem, but what I have to say may help (the links in emails always work for me  :scratch: ).

There are other ways to find your way back to your post.

Number 1 - After you make a new thread, "copy/paste" the URL in your browser box into an email, and send it to yourself. Save the email for future reference until your topic is resolved. The link to your current thread is here:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=43885

Number 2 - After you log in here, click on your forum nickname (at the bottom of the page), then click on Find members posts. Normally your latest thread will be at the top of the list. Just click the link in the blue bar to go right to that topic.

I hope this helps.

M68  :)

195808



Hi micah thank you for your suggestion…I am new to computer terminology though..what is a URL and what is my browser box? You had also tried to help me previously with another hijack this log but I was getting the error message that this email is about….so thank you for trying to help before.
wendy aka rhv
URL = Uniform Resource Locator: The address identifies the location of a Web page on the World Wide Web.

Browser box = That little box (normally at the top of your screen) where you type the URL's into (such as www.google.com) when you want to visit a particular web site.
:)

URL = Uniform Resource Locator: The address identifies the location of a Web page on the World Wide Web.

Browser box = That little box (normally at the top of your screen) where you type the URL's into (such as www.google.com) when you want to visit a particular web site.
:)

196048



Great now I understand. :wavey: ..thank you very much Micah
wendy
Could you "copy/paste" the link you get in your email when I reply to this topic?

The link I get in the mail is this:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…view=getnewpost

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=43886&view=getnewpost


Please put the link in a quote box like I did.

Or has your email link problem been resolved?
Hi again micah….thank you very much I found this suggestion of yours very helpful….thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. It will have to fiddle around with the 'quote' option as can't quite figure how to make it work. wendy Number 2 - After you log in here, click on your forum nickname (at the bottom of the page), then click on Find members posts. Normally your latest thread will be at the top of the list. Just click the link in the blue bar to go right to that topic.
To get the "Quote" to work, do this.

Click on "QUOTE" at the top of the screen, paste the link into the post, then click on "QUOTE*" at the top of the screen again.

:)