This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] What can I do with no internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So I've read the Malware removal guide and I am stuck. Stuck by the mere fact that the pc in question, which uses IE8 as it's browser, cannot access the Internet. So for instance, I was able to install Malware Bytes AntiMalware but cannot perform an Update with it. So what good is the scan without the updated files? Other problems also arise by the lack of internet access, so I'm wondering how to proceed. The error that the machine gets when opening IE* is: IE cannot display the Webpage. I then run the Diagnose Connection Problem and get this in the log: HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic: HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com. A connection with the server could not be established. HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www. hotmail.com. A connection with the server could not be established. FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com Could not make an HTTP connection. Redirecting user to support call. What can I do? .
Open internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, connections tab, click on LAN settins and un-check everything in there. What version of IE are you using?
Holy sheepdip Batman, you've fixed me!! I unchecked the proxy server stuff that was checked and voila! I'm back in business! Thank you thank you thank you!
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI