Peter1
Topic Starter
I have xp, sp3,
Could someone tell me the name of a software program that can back up to an external hard drive and do the following;
back up the hard drive as well as files and folders, and retrieve a lost file?
My friend got a Western Digital which said 6 of its drives could do this but she said it is awful and is using the back up her HP came with but she cannot find just a single file.
I read about Rebit which sounds great but I know nothing about it. It does seem to be the kind of software I am looking for just not bundled.
So I wonder if a non bundled program is better?
Can imaging retrieve lost files? I think you can lose everything backing up by imaging so I would avoid that option if another safer is available.
Thank you for advice to clarify this as I am ready to buy but want to look before I leap.