This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Good backup software?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a friend here in town that runs a restaurant and I need some advise, what is a good backup software that’s 1. User friendly and easy interface The girl that’s goi8ng to use this not that much on software. 2.That works with windows XP (yep I know windows xp but all their menu and cook order touch screen running with windows xp.) 3.That really works in an event that you have to do file restore or program restore or worst case total restore due to hard drive failure. Any help so I can tell them which software to buy, would hate to tell them buy this and it turns out to be total junk. Thanks, Jimmy
Jimmy, If you use the Forum's - Search, you will find that some of the Tech Team have posted about Acronis. Acronis cost is about $49 per license, retail, but often available at NewEgg or TigerDirect for $29, $19, and recently as low as $9. Acronis will easily create a full recovery Drive Image backup, to protect against catastrophic loss. Acronis also has an included file backup tool. An External HD is an important companion for backup. Huge HD size is not particularly important if exclusively used for Drive Image backup. But happily the cost of 500gb and 1tb Externals have become within easy reach of most. I have an Acronis Drive Image backup for every machine for myself, family, friends, and most customers. And yes, I've found occasion to be glad I had them when recovering from hardware failure and other catastrophic loss. Replacing a failed hard drive can be as quick as 30 minutes from start to finish, including the physical installation and restore. Doug
Tryed up for for some reason system was hanging up when searching and sometime reporting back an error, not sure as of why. But bought Acronis 2010 ver online where you had to download the file, cost was 39 bucks, but the interface and ease of use was good, did not take much to learn it. Good backup program for anyone to use and the utilities that came with not bad also. The folks at the restaurant after talking to them about buying the program and went ahead and bought a 320 WD USB drive were happy they were able to back up their files or whole hard drive for the fact. Well worth 115.00 bucks for the hardware they are paying for plus my cost of labor I will charge for setting this up, consider the cost of losing all their data which would shut them down.
I would use NovaBACKUP. It is ease to use and you can get it for $44.95. You can perform full incremental and differential backups with this software.
not sure if your spamming or just offering your preference, but from what i've read about that product, it's not very user friendly even tho it does offer lots of options for backups and seems to work well enough. :popcorn:

I would use NovaBACKUP. It is ease to use and you can get it for $44.95. You can perform full incremental and differential backups with this software.



You can do the same with Acronis 2010 also.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI