Sorry to revive this, but I'm having a hard time finding any other results on this issue. Apparently there aren't a lot of people with the problem.
Has anyone found an actual solution to this? I don't want to disable favicons, because most of my bookmarks are JUST the favicon, with no text (so that more fit on one line). When they started changing at random on their own, it became almost impossible to use them.
You said you "used to have favicon installed". What does this mean? Is that an extension? I have an extension called "FaviconizeTab", but nothing called simply "favicon".
Thanks for any help.
I don't have an immediate solution to your problem, but decided to give it your very own New Topic in hopes of generating more access to help.
I'm actually not clear what specific problem is occuring.
Will you please provide more information about what is happening or not happening in your instance?
Hi monguin61. What the OP said was "I went into about:config and disabled favicons". By this he means, typing about:config in the address (URL) area and pressing enter. Then in the Filter line, type favicon. You will see
browser.chrome.favicons;true
Change it to false by right clicking on it and selecting Toggle.
Restart FireFox and see what happens.
Hi, I used to have this problem and can't remember how I fixed it.I have found a link to a video that will hopefully sort it for you though.>>> http://cnettv.cnet.com/quick-tips-fix-brok…3-50002037.html I am having a new issue now in that some bookmark icons won't display in the address bar and everytime I go into about:config and reset Browser.chrome.favicons to true as soon as I exit firefox and restart it,it does not save the about:config preferences I wish I knew what causes it!
Just a little update to say I fixed my own problem with the settings not being saved! I recently updated to firefox 3.6 and this page tells you how to fix it if anyone else has this problem http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Prefer…s+are+not+saved I just went into user prefs folder and changed the value using notepad to true and this time my preferences got saved. Let me know if that video sorts out the problem with the changing bookmark icons for you monguin61
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI