Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Favicon Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monguin61

monguin61

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Sorry to revive this, but I'm having a hard time finding any other results on this issue. Apparently there aren't a lot of people with the problem. Has anyone found an actual solution to this? I don't want to disable favicons, because most of my bookmarks are JUST the favicon, with no text (so that more fit on one line). When they started changing at random on their own, it became almost impossible to use them. You said you "used to have favicon installed". What does this mean? Is that an extension? I have an extension called "FaviconizeTab", but nothing called simply "favicon". Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi monguin61
:welcome:

I don't have an immediate solution to your problem, but decided to give it your very own New Topic in hopes of generating more access to help.

I'm actually not clear what specific problem is occuring.
Will you please provide more information about what is happening or not happening in your instance?

For those who may be researching help on this topic, another related thread (but different problem?) appears here:
http://forums.whatth...968#entry628968

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hi monguin61. What the OP said was "I went into about:config and disabled favicons". By this he means, typing about:config in the address (URL) area and pressing enter. Then in the Filter line, type favicon. You will see browser.chrome.favicons;true Change it to false by right clicking on it and selecting Toggle. Restart FireFox and see what happens.

Edited by Ztruker, 31 January 2010 - 06:37 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 Ally

Ally

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi, I used to have this problem and can't remember how I fixed it.I have found a link to a video that will hopefully sort it for you though.>>> http://cnettv.cnet.c...3-50002037.html I am having a new issue now in that some bookmark icons won't display in the address bar and everytime I go into about:config and reset Browser.chrome.favicons to true as soon as I exit firefox and restart it,it does not save the about:config preferences :pullhair: I wish I knew what causes it!

#5 Ally

Ally

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:49 PM

Just a little update to say I fixed my own problem with the settings not being saved! I recently updated to firefox 3.6 and this page tells you how to fix it if anyone else has this problem http://support.mozil...s are not saved I just went into user prefs folder and changed the value using notepad to true and this time my preferences got saved. :thumbup: Let me know if that video sorts out the problem with the changing bookmark icons for you monguin61