This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

What is going on with my email address book

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, I am having a problem and I do not know what it is. I have a Dell insperon 530 and I use windows vista. I notice that someone has been sending emails to all the people in my address book, I did not send them, it is obvious spam. I can tell because of some of the address in my book is obsolete so they came back as undeliverable and then a few friends told me they got spam mail from me and I did not send it. Do you know what is wrong and what I should do? Any help would be great. Thanks and aloha from Hawaii. Chris "Kalai"
Hello Kalai,

This could be any combination of account hacking, malware or e-mail spoofing.

My first suggestion is to go to a computer that you know is clean from any malware and change the password. This should temporarily stop the e-mails being sent out.

Next, I suggest you create a topic in our Malware forum to see whether you're infected or not.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=27

Once any Malware is cleaned up, just post back here if the problems persist.


Cheers,
Nahumi

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI