This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Closed not Resolved

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, :notworthy:

I think it could be of great benefit to many users, students, teachers, tech & malware team members to have an additional sub Forum added to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal Forum

The addition would be for all the closed threads that have not been resolved through the removal of malware, etc…

Then those OP's, (users) that return (Maybe they are not receiving there email notifications) , can return to look for there post in the closed but not resolved sub Forum in the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal Forum.

This also would clear up the Infections Removal sub Forum for everyone. :D


If this is a good suggestion than I guess a closed resolved sub Forum could also work. :unsure:
Leaving only current topics in the Infections Removal sub Forum. :woot:

Regards,
Jkc73 :thumbup:
One year later,

I have a similar idea, that may be more suitable and more productive for the Malware Team.


My idea is to add a sub-Forum for Resolved threads to the What the Tech > Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum

Threads to be moved to this sub-Forum after being deemed Resolved/Closed.

A notice/adjustment to a pinned Important Topics thread in Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal may be required,..
…though just placing the new Resolved Malware Issues topic along side these topics will allow all to see clearly.

  • Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal
  • Self Help Fixes for Spyware / Malware
  • Nothing works! - Malware Infected Computer
  • Resolved Malware Issues<–new
(This is not to say that these threads wont be worked on again, the possibilities are open.)
This leaves the "New Topics" and Closed/Unresolved threads in the main Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal sub-Forum.

This creates a great reference/database for students of "Malware Fighting" throughout the "UNITE schools". :)


I look forward to any opinions on this… :popcorn:
I'm not a huge fan of separate forums for resolved/closed topics. The main reason is because I'm lazy. The effort it takes to remember to move the topic to the appropriate forum is just to much of a strain on my overtaxed human hard drive. However, the multimod used to prepend a little (solved) or (closed) to the front of the topic title. I liked that. Very helpful when researching. For some reason that function disappeared approximately June 17, 2010. I miss it. :(

However, the multimod used to prepend a little (solved) or (closed) to the front of the topic title. I liked that. Very helpful when researching. For some reason that function disappeared approximately June 17, 2010. I miss it. :(

Could this be used to automatically move the thread?
Is it a case of wishful thinking. :unsure:
There were reasons to leave all the Malware topics in the Malware forum. The main reason was for search engines and people using the search engines to find them in one place.

The main reason was for search engines and people using the search engines to find them in one place.



This was my initial idea,..
  • Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal <–Current open topics.
  • Self Help Fixes for Spyware / Malware
  • Nothing works! - Malware Infected Computer
  • Closed Malware Issues <–new Contains all threads closed, (due to resolved, inactivity, duplicate or other.)
    This will keep most threads together. :blush:

As Tomk mentioned, the use of the multimod used to prepend a little (solved) or (closed) to the front of the topic title.
This could be used to prepend other closed topic titles, per… reasons the thread was closed. (solved)/resolved, (double)/duplicate, (torpid)/inactive,..etc.


Thank you for your feedback. :notworthy:

There were reasons to leave all the Malware topics in the Malware forum.
The main reason was for search engines and people using the search engines to find them in one place.


What about this?

However, the multimod used to prepend a little (solved) or (closed) to the front of the topic title. I liked that. Very helpful when researching. For some reason that function disappeared approximately June 17, 2010. I miss it.

I too miss it.
[external image: Posted Image]