I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 and run WinXP. I've always connected to the web via IE7.0. A few minutes ago I was given a warning that I had a virus. I ran Spybot and it showed something that I needed to fix and I did. I then tried my IE icon and it says "internet explorer cannot display the webpage." I've tried to get to yahoo.com, msn.com, google.com and other sites and can't do it.
However … on some emails, not all, I can click a link and it will take me to the site. The Mozilla browser works fine and that is how I'm able to get to this site.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums.
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.It's possible that you are still infected, so its best for you to have the machine checked out by a specialist malware fighter:
Go here: for directions and follow them carefully http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
The malware fighters over in the Infections Removal forum are pretty busy at the moment, as the number of folks in trouble, sometimes exceeds the number of trained advisers available.
However please be assured that they will get to your post as soon as they can.
It's important that you do not send a second or "follow up" post in the Infections Removal forum until you have received a response from them there (The malware fighters look first for posts with zero response).
If you are still having issues with your machine once its been checked for malware and declared clean, please post back here in this topic and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI