Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

My internet explorer keeps shutting down. It shows a message saying internet explorer has had to close unexpectantly and then i lose the page Im viewing and goes back to my desktop. Also it shuts down whenever I try to upload my resume onto jobsites that I have never had a problem uploading onto before. It says there is a security risk and it shuts down the site, again back to my desktop? I am running windows vista. I have a full subscription to macafee and my computer is checked for viruses and a full scan and clean is done every night but no threats have shown up. Thankyou Chrissy
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hello Chrissy, :wavey:

Please run a PC PitStop test so I can see some details about your computer.

How to run PCPitStop's Overdrive tests:

• Please go to the PCPitStop Overdrive sign-up page, click here, Signup at PCPitStop (You need to use Internet Explorer with this test so that an ActiveX control can be installed.)
  • Click "Create a free account "
  • Enter in your relevant information on the sign-up page. You must sign-up in order to have your results recorded so that we can take a look at them here.
  • After signing up you'll see the "Registration Complete" page, and you can click "Test Your System Now" to return to the test page.
  • Login with your newly created e-mail address and password on the left hand side.
  • Follow the directions to "Scan this system now." An activeX control will need to be installed. It is safe, and you should allow it to be installed.
  • Once the tests have been run, you will see an "Almost there" page requesting further information about your computer and your experience with PCPitStop, just scroll down to the bottom and click "GO."
  • A test results page will display, and I need the link to that page.
  • Look in the address bar of your browser. It will look like 'http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/...' Please copy and paste that here to the forum.

Note: PCPitStop may recommend that you use certain utilities to fix problems on your computer.
At WhatTheTech, the help we provide is free. We do not endorse or recommend the use of any products PCPitStop may suggest.
Instead, we prefer to help you with each issue manually without using possible pay to use programs.

Have a look here, for how to post a link to your Results:
http://www.pcpitstop...ress/howto1.asp

Regards,
Jkc73 :thumbup:

Edited by Jkc73, 24 January 2010 - 09:36 AM.

~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!

#3 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hi Chrissy, :wavey:

Please follow the steps in this post here,<-- (To check for Malware on your system that McAfee has missed.)

It is also wise to read -->Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing.<-- ^_^

After you have been cleared of all Malware, has that resolved your issue?

If not, Please follow these steps...

Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

• Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons
    alternatively,
  • Navigate via: Clicking,.. Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

Something to consider

Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <--Read before using!

Finally....

If everything so far has not solved the issue, then read carefully and follow the steps from this Microsoft article.
click here--> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Please let us know how your computer is behaving. :thumbup:

Regards,
Jkc73 :)
~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!

#4 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

Thankyou JKC73. I have completed the pitstop test. The results are here http://pcpitstop.com...?conid=23370358
I hope I did it right.
Macafee scanned my system last night and found 2 potentially unwanted programmes, one of which i could remove and one could not be fully removed but quarantined.
It was an adware- url.gen
Thankyou. :friends:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.