Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Possible bug or virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Selina

Selina

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Windows Vista Home Premium Edition & IE8 Hello, A couple of days ago, while only using IE8, I started experiencing my computer crashing and closing down within 1 to 2 minutes from opening IE. I was on Facebook when this happened and posted a note to other members asking if they are experiencing the same problem. A couple people replied...YES. I found later that when my daughter was on Facebook she received a warning while trying to open a game called YoVille, the warning came from my McAfee anti-virus and said "This site is tagged for phishing and should be closed". I've used the Microsoft IE Fix It software and the problem still exists. I've ran McAfee full scan, Ad-Aware and Windows Defender and found nothing wrong. I am now getting a message at start up stating.....C-motech RDEVCHG...not responding....Run Time Device Change. I also went into add/remove programs trying to uninstall IE but it says it can't find it. Can you also tell me how to uninstall IE? I am now using Firefox and experiencing the same problem, of my computer locking up and crashing.....dump file screen appears before shutting down. Thanks so much. -------------------- Best Wishes, Selina :) Your Responses Are Always Very Much Appreciated! Go to the top of the page
Best Wishes,
Selina :)
Your Responses Are Always Very Much Appreciated!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Selina

Selina

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

IS ANYONE GOING TO REPLY????????
Best Wishes,
Selina :)
Your Responses Are Always Very Much Appreciated!

#3 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

Selina,

Doug has responded to your thread in the Browsers, Internet and email forum. As this sounds like a hardware problem, you will be best served working with him there. If as information about your problem unfolds, signs of malware are found, Doug will advise you to start a new thread here in the malware removal forum.

If that should happen, please be advised that it is a rarity for a new thread to be responded to in a matter of a couple of hours. We try to deal with logs on a first come first served basis. However, the volunteer helpers here may find their expertise and comfort level drawing them to specific threads showing specific infections. As this thread provided none of the requested information, it would have been highly unlikely that a volunteer would have selected it over the logs already waiting that had provided the information. The majority of logs posted at WTT recieve a relply in about 24 hours to 48 hours. If 3 days pass without a response, we request that you post here: 'What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days'

All of that being said, I will be closing this thread and wish you luck as you proceed with Doug and/or other members of the Tech Team in the other thread.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014