This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

CD/DVD drive problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I place a data disc into my CD (D:\ drive), I have no problem using any of the files on the drive. However, when I eject the disc, the files that were loaded still show as being loaded in the drive. Inserting another disc, I cannot access the files on the new disc. The same problem exists on my E:\ drive. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I am going to take a guess here, what I suspect is somehow you've mounted these files to be burnt to disk using the operating systems built in burner, try removing the disk and then going to access the drive again, if the files still show, which if I'm right they will, then simply highlight and remove them, sorry I can't give a precise thing to do, but it should be quite obvious with this info, right clicking on the file(s) may show a more obvious option to remove them from the systems burning list, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI