Hi,
A couple months ago I bought an Acer Aspire M1100 pc with Windows Vista Home Premium (OEM) installed on it. Ever since the first boot the system freezens randomly, sometimes it happens 4 times a day, sometimes it doesn't. Assuming this was a brand new pc, I thought this would just go over, since I had it with my older pc 2, but it didn't (been like 2 months now). This is something I can live with though, but now comes the real problem.
I installed Vista SP1, and after that the CPU usage has gone haywire!! it won't go below 69%…. Also, my Physical memory won't drop below 93….
Weird thing is that the Process list in taskmgr does not list 1 proces with a lot of CPU or Memory usage….
any1 else have this problem and/or know how to fix this?? cuz I can't even listen music now… stutters like ****
greetingz and thx
Michael
Forgot to tell that I completely reinstalled my machine last night (to default, using Acer Recovery program) and updated the entire windows.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:00:27, on 27-4-2008
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1905 SP1)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000) Edited by paws, HJT log removed and uplifted as an attachment 📎HJT.txt
Hi M1ch43lNL, welcome to G2G.
Contact Acer. It's a new computer so they should make it work correctly. Don't mess with it too much or you may end up voiding the warranty.
Acer support sucks…. (in Netherlands that is)
Just tried mailing them, took me 10 minutes to write the mail form on their site…. When I clicked the Submit button it said the serial number was not correct (Checked 5 times, and all the numbers that are on the case), so I thought I'd give them a call.
First I got a huge menu, took me more then 1 minute to finally get into the right menu. I was directly connected (no waiting time, which is about he only + they'll get from me). Then some 'woman' answered with 'Acer callcenter' then it becam still….. (what a way to answer a call at a callcenter….). So I started to explain the problem, and what I did so far, then all she said was 'Then the only thing u can do now is Uninstall the Service Pack, have a nice day sir'. I was so pissed the way they handle this I just hang up the phone without saying a thing…
Greetingz..
Hi
I had to edit your post as you had included an HJT log (not required in this forum) , but I have included it as an attachment so folks can still see it , if they want to ,but the search engine crawlers won't automatically be able to index it.
If you are still having problems and Acer is not helping then its best to go back to the supplier/retailer of the computer as they (I believe this is true for the Netherlands) have a statutory obligation to supply a machine that is fit for purpose and of merchantable quality, and a new machine, that doesn't work is probably not!
Good luck and let us know how you get on
Regards
paws
If you are still having problems and Acer is not helping then its best to go back to the supplier/retailer of the computer as they (I believe this is true for the Netherlands) have a statutory obligation to supply a machine that is fit for purpose and of merchantable quality, and a new machine, that doesn't work is probably not!
Yep, you're totally right about that. Only problem is I don't have a car so I'm saving that as a last solution. If this is not solved within a week from now, I will take it back to the store.
M1ch43lNL, you said: Ever since the first boot the system freezes randomly. That says to me this machine is defective out of the box. BS on what the ACER rep told you, they owe you a working computer.
I would call them back, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be prepared to wait and be prepared not to accept any BS they give you. Make them provide you with a fully functional computer.
SP1 has nothing to do with this, it only aggravates an already bad computer. Uninstall it until you get ACER to honor their warranty. If the supervisor doesn't help, ask to speak to his/her supervisor!
Don't be nasty, don't curse or raise your voice, just be persistent. Be willing to explain the problem several, perhaps even many times.
Yeah that's totally true, but I'm not going to waste 0.10€ per minute on calling Acer… I'll just take it back to the store where I bought the thing. It's a well known store here in Netherlands and I'm sure their Customer Service is a lot better then Acer's… If it isn't then the only thing to do is calling Acer again.
Thank u very much for all your help.
I will post here when the problem is solved.
Greetings,
Michael
I surely will and I don't think Acer itself is bad, cuz their software works fine (3 mouse clicks and I have my windows back to default installation within halve an hour). it's just the Customer Service here in NL…
greetingz
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI