This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

cert clean Audio problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer has been certified clean free of malware by malware removal.com

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewto…30&start=15

the above link is to the forum thread where the tech cleared me and recommended this website.

Original problem I posted in Malware:

"I started getting audio ads that I could not see or close or stop. tried scanners and removers but problem persisted.
then I had a crash and the computer kept rebooting during its start-up. so I reinstalled winXP from a recovery disc I had. I was unable to access the internet cause the computer wouldnt recognize the integrated ethernet port. luckily my modem has USB connection SO I am using that to get online now. The sound is gone too. drivers are all updated i started and restarted windows audio. the sound is integrated as well. sound and properties says no audio selected. device manager shows all audio is fine except for there are several microsoft kernel audio drivers that have yellow exclaim points on them i can't get rid of them. the exclaim says there is a duplicate device already running in the system"


After several scans and logs and removal of suspicious items the audio problem has persisted I hope someone can help figure out what the heck is goin on.
I would suggest reloading the Original Drivers from HP/Compaq:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…product=3262013

Original Drivers Date Version Previous Size
» Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA LAN Drivers
08-2006 50.2.4.0 - 1.95M
» Fall 2006 Original Asus Modem Drivers
08-2006 7.39.0.0 - 1.78M
» Fall 2006 Original HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Drivers
08-2006 1.0.2.6 - 2.19M
» Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA Chipset Drivers
08-2006 4.5.0.0 - 903.35k
» Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Graphics Drivers
08-2006 [removed] - 29.67M
» Fall 2006 Original Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers
08-2006 5.10.0.5282 - 19.32M
ok everything loaded except the audio driver said before I can install the driver I need to install Microsoft universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio bus driver. any idea where to get that?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI