warbler
Topic Starter
Software
Internet Explorer 7
2 min read
Doug
I haven't seen an uninstaller for the Full Release of IE 7.0.
Here's the uninstall for the Beta release. Full Release may follow the same procedure. But I don't know.
I had some disasterous experiences with various folks coming to me for help after installing 7.0.
None of the googled sites I've read address removing Full Version as yet.
Try reading here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913844
And Please let us know what you find out.
Best Regards
Here's the uninstall for the Beta release. Full Release may follow the same procedure. But I don't know.
I had some disasterous experiences with various folks coming to me for help after installing 7.0.
None of the googled sites I've read address removing Full Version as yet.
Try reading here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913844
And Please let us know what you find out.
Best Regards
tallin
Thanks for that post Dough - I am glad I got earlier advise from you regarding IE 7.0.
Could "Warbler" do a Systems Restore to get IE 6.0 back, but only after he uninstalls IE 7.0?
I read and saved that article you posted in your last post, that also should solve Warbler's dilemma should it?
Doug
I think you are referring to:
Problems with WGA associated with IE 7.0
http://msn-cnet.com.com/Microsoft%3A+Here%…_3-6088669.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914
Warbler is having difficulty with the function of IE 7.0 itself.
Problems with WGA associated with IE 7.0
http://msn-cnet.com.com/Microsoft%3A+Here%…_3-6088669.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914
Warbler is having difficulty with the function of IE 7.0 itself.
paws
Hi Warbler,
On IE7 the "security padlock" has moved from its old position and lots of folks are worried that its been deleted by Microsoft. However it's now immediately to the right of the address bar. I'm not sure why Microsoft move stuff around in this way, just to keep us on our toes, I suppose!!
Here's what their help file says:
"When you visit a secure website, the site automatically sends you its certificate, and Internet Explorer displays a lock icon in the Security Status bar to the right of the Address bar. You can view a security report for the website by clicking the lock.
If you are about to send information (such as your credit card number) to a site that is not secure, Internet Explorer will warn you. If the site claims to be secure but its security credentials are in question, Internet Explorer will warn you that the site might have been tampered with or might be misrepresenting itself."
I hope this puts your mind at rest
Regards
paws
On IE7 the "security padlock" has moved from its old position and lots of folks are worried that its been deleted by Microsoft. However it's now immediately to the right of the address bar. I'm not sure why Microsoft move stuff around in this way, just to keep us on our toes, I suppose!!
Here's what their help file says:
"When you visit a secure website, the site automatically sends you its certificate, and Internet Explorer displays a lock icon in the Security Status bar to the right of the Address bar. You can view a security report for the website by clicking the lock.
If you are about to send information (such as your credit card number) to a site that is not secure, Internet Explorer will warn you. If the site claims to be secure but its security credentials are in question, Internet Explorer will warn you that the site might have been tampered with or might be misrepresenting itself."
I hope this puts your mind at rest
Regards
paws
warbler
Thanks to all who gave feedback here!
The security issue is a big concern… Thanks Paws for this info! The jury is still out on IE7, though some of the features seem to simplify moving about more easily. So far that is the only good thing I can say about it. I should be mad at Norton Internet Security for allowing the update without notifying me first [:( !!!!!
I'm off to read your posts on ie7.
If I have other issues, you know I'll be back!
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI