Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 warbler

warbler

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

:angry: Windows update downloaded IE 7 ... I'm not happy. The ususal internet security features like the "Yellow Lock" that appears in the bottom of the site window, did not appear at all. I tried to make an online purchase today... but did not follow through when the yellow lock did not appear in the payment screen. I became suspiscious, so I created a number of orders in several favorite websites to test. it was not limited to just one website but all the websites that I have have safely made purchases... before this change to IE 7. Has anyone had any experience with IE7? is there a way I get get back to IE6?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:14 PM

I haven't seen an uninstaller for the Full Release of IE 7.0.
Here's the uninstall for the Beta release. Full Release may follow the same procedure. But I don't know.
I had some disasterous experiences with various folks coming to me for help after installing 7.0.

None of the googled sites I've read address removing Full Version as yet.
Try reading here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913844

And Please let us know what you find out.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for that post Dough - I am glad I got earlier advise from you regarding IE 7.0. Could "Warbler" do a Systems Restore to get IE 6.0 back, but only after he uninstalls IE 7.0? I read and saved that article you posted in your last post, that also should solve Warbler's dilemma should it?

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

I think you are referring to:

Problems with WGA associated with IE 7.0
http://msn-cnet.com...._3-6088669.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914

Warbler is having difficulty with the function of IE 7.0 itself.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:08 AM

Hi Warbler,

On IE7 the "security padlock" has moved from its old position and lots of folks are worried that its been deleted by Microsoft. However it's now immediately to the right of the address bar. I'm not sure why Microsoft move stuff around in this way, just to keep us on our toes, I suppose!!

Here's what their help file says:

"When you visit a secure website, the site automatically sends you its certificate, and Internet Explorer displays a lock icon in the Security Status bar to the right of the Address bar. You can view a security report for the website by clicking the lock.

If you are about to send information (such as your credit card number) to a site that is not secure, Internet Explorer will warn you. If the site claims to be secure but its security credentials are in question, Internet Explorer will warn you that the site might have been tampered with or might be misrepresenting itself."

I hope this puts your mind at rest
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 warbler

warbler

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:18 PM

Thanks to all who gave feedback here! The security issue is a big concern... Thanks Paws for this info! The jury is still out on IE7, though some of the features seem to simplify moving about more easily. So far that is the only good thing I can say about it. I should be mad at Norton Internet Security for allowing the update without notifying me first [:( !!!!! I'm off to read your posts on ie7. If I have other issues, you know I'll be back!