This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] BSOD when trying to start in safe mode

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello!

When starting the computer normally everything works fine. When prompted to login onto the desktop and after entering the password the desktop appears for a brief second and then automatically logs the user off.

After first I thought that logging on in safe mode and running a HJT log would be the answer. When trying to do so the BSOD (blue screen of death appears). It says something along the lines of, run a checkdisk. In which, I'm not exactly sure on how to do. I would enclose a HJT log but I can't!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much

Bernadette
bbernadettee,

Unfortunately, this could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

Try safe mode with command prompt. If you get there, then enter this:

chkdsk c: /r

and hit the Enter/Return key.

Scan will probably take a long time.
TomK, EEEk.. That did cross my mind. Ok, I will try to run safe mode with command prompt. Thanks very much for responding so quickly!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI