This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blue Screen of Death

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HELP! I was trying to follow diretions I found here to get rid of exe81 and other problems, using ewido, ccleanup, highjackthis. I must have done something wrong, now I only get Blue screen unless I boot in safe mode. Code at bottom of screen: *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xFFA982FE, 0xFC939150, 0xFC938E50) What do I do?
This is what I found concerning that particular stop error.



CAUSE
This issue may occur if a system thread generates an exception that the error handler does not catch. This may occur if one or more of the following conditions exist:
• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished, the computer may not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows.
• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows.
• Incompatible video adapter drivers.
• Damaged RAM.
• A damaged device driver or system service.
• If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be caused by a third-party remote control program.


Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI