Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

internet issues error code 80072ee7

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hey, My ethernet and wireless internet connection is not working. In my network and sharing center it shows my computer as connected to the network but the network not connected to the internet, which can't be right considering how the connection works just fine with other computers, just not my windows vista laptop. When I try signing into windows messenger it says my default gateway is offline. I've tried repairing it but I just end up with the error code 80072ee7. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

Vista / Win7 users:
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories.
Right-click the entry Command Prompt, and choose Run as administrator from the appearing context menu.
When Windows asks for your consent, click Continue.
Type the following line, and press Enter:
ipconfig /release <--Note the space
ipconfig /renew <--Note the space
Close the window.
Retry to sign in to Messenger.

Click Start > Run >
Type in CMD and press enter
ipconfig /release <--Note the space
ipconfig /renew <--Note the space
Close the window.
Retry to sign in to Messenger.

If this does not solve your problem with Messenger error code 80072ee7, please contact http://support.live.com/ for further assistance.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

Unfortunately I got the response "No operation can be preformed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected"...any other recommendations?

#4 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

That means your NIC isn't connected or active. Look in your hardware settings and see if it's listed as good or bad. Right Click: My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager

#5 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hmm, so both Intel® Wireless WiFi Link and Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller are said to be working properly.

#6 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

What OS are you using? XP, Vista, Win7

#7 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

It's Vista

#8 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

Is it only with messanger that you're having the problem? Can you load the internet?

#9 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

It reads me as connected to the internet but I can't access it. It shows me as connected to the network but the network not connected to the internet. I'm on a computer connected to the same network and it is working just fine on this one. The signal strength is excellent but its just not working.

#10 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Vista Network Diagnostics Windows Vista features a new network repair tool called Network Diagnostics that is said (by Microsoft) to be capable of recognizing and diagnosing more than 100 network problems. I'm skeptical of claims like this, but, on the other hand, it takes only a few seconds to let Network Diagnostics examine your network and offer whatever advice it can make, so it's absolutely worth a crack. To run the Network Diagnostics tool, click Start, Network. At the top of the Network window, click Network and Sharing Center to display the window shown in Figure 24.2. Then, in the task list at left, click Diagnose and Repair. Windows will display a box that says "Identifying the problem..." and will then display a results window that explains what was found to be wrong, what Windows did about it (if anything), what the outcome was, and where to go for more assistance. Figure 24.3 shows a typical diagnosis result. Figure 24.3 Network Diagnostics tries to present an explanation and a solution. If the Network Diagnostics Wizard doesn't lead you to a solution, the next place to go is the Event Viewer, which might have recorded informative error messages from network components. If the diagnostics tool doesn't solve your network problem, check Windows Firewall to be sure it isn't blocking a desired network service. Windows Firewall Another configuration setting that could prevent file and printer sharing from working correctly is the Windows Firewall. To ensure that file and printer sharing isn't blocked, open the Windows Firewall window by clicking Start, Control Panel, Security, Windows Firewall. Then, click Change Settings and confirm the User Account Control prompt. On the General tab, be sure that Windows Firewall is enabled (On is checked), and that Block All Incoming Connections is not checked. (This is unlikely to be the problem, however, because the Network window would have caught this, as discussed earlier in the section "The Network Window.") VISTA: To repair and reset the Windows Vista 1. Click on Start button. 2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box. 3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request. 4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key. Restart the computer. Reset IP Stack. 1. Click on Start button. 2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box. 3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request. 4. Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key. Restart the computer.

#11 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Tried the first two already but the diagnose and repair didn't work and my firewall settings were ok. The other things out but they didn't work either....GAH! Maddening!

#12 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

When you have the cat5 ethernet cable plugged in, are there any LED indicators on or flashing?

#13 Vespera

Vespera

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

On my laptop? aside from power and battery, no. I turned off the wireless switch when I connected the ethernet. On the linksys there's the power, WLAN, 1, 3 and internet lit up.

#14 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

On my laptop? aside from power and battery, no. I turned off the wireless switch when I connected the ethernet. On the linksys there's the power, WLAN, 1, 3 and internet lit up.

I'm referring to the LEDs at the laptop connection.

This will fit on a thumb drive to transfer to the laptop
Download LSPfix here: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Start the program and then check the I know what I'm doing box.

Click the Finish Button and reboot.

Let me know what it showed when you ran LSPfix as to what files were listed.