Deleted Member
Topic Starter
This is for Windows Vista (64 bit)
Everything below is small examples of what is going on. Swift response would be most appreciated. I am not a Techexpert by any means, which i know makes things hard for you, i apologize.
This is the largest thing i have come across. Usually i would browse the internet and find answers to previous problems. However, I have a problem where all forms of internet, except Firefox *Main Browser is Internet Explorer*, just shut off, while my 'Diagnose and Repair' said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet, which as shown with only Firefox.
I always use MSN as a reference to solve my problems. This time, MSN said that my 'Default Gateway is offline', with 'error code 80048820'. I have tried to resolve this problem by studying into this, and it seems the only logical reason as to why i can't connect is either because of the Default Gateway or my Norton is unintentionally destroying my internet connections.
I am at college, and my internet network is an insecure network simply named 'Open'. My computer back where i lived before moving in also was an insecure network and i never have come up with this problem before.
Everything is connected wireless wise, but i have not tried Ethernet Cables, mostly because i do not have any, and the school is closed until after the long weekend, which would be Tuesday.
With the same connection, my Xbox 360 and Laptop work flawlessly with no problems whatsoever. My Laptop however did at first have this problem but very quickly adapted to the situation and i had my internet again *on the Laptop*.
I used CMD *Command Prompt* and typed ipconfig. My default gateway was there, everything i would have needed for a connection was there, but to no avail, i did not get any internet *besides Firefox*.
I have been studying this all day and have come up with little to help my predicament, and would greatly appreciate your Expertise in this matter.
Chase Yojimbo S.