This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wlan problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently updated my rr24ap(1+)'s gateway, which of course meant that I have to reconfigure everything. NOW my xp internet works, but the Vista pc (laptop that has the wireles card) doesn't work. Why? Because my router doesn't accept my wep codes. I don't know why as I am using the same old 26 digit code as I did before. It just says "invalid WEP 0 code…. reverting to default settings" or somesuch. So, what on earth will I do? I've checked google and there is so much talk about wep and wap and hex and all kinds of things… what the heck?! Thanks…
Lol…. Forget WEP. Change your wireless security mode to WPA-Personal where you can use plain text passphrases of any size with increased security. WEP keys are extremely cumbersome to use.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI