Hi
I am running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. But its not about my computer its about the network. At night about 9:00pm internet disconnects a lot! During the day disconnect not as much as night. I have a wireless d link ADSL router connected to another linksys N wireless router. I have had this problem since about 1 week ago. The only way to get the internet working again is to turn off both of the modems and turn it back on…………after a while it will disconnect for no reason again. Please help me……Have any advice?
Thanks
Why are you using two wireless devices at the same time?
I am assuming it is because you want to use wireless-N and do not want to replace your DSL modem. In that case, you need to disable the wireless radio on the Dlink so that it does not interfere with your wireless-N router.
You then need to begin narrowing the problem down if it still exists. If you hardwire a PC to the wireless-N rouer, does it work? If not, if you hardwire a PC to the Dlink router, does it work? And so on. Find where the fault is. Once you narrow it down to which device is causing the problem you can attempt a firmware upgrade or just flat out replace the defective device.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI