This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Connecting to LAN via Win 98

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a older Dell Desktop computer that is running windows 98. (Not my main comp) It still is running ok there are a few glitches, but it can get around on it and use it normally. The probelm I am having is when I use the wizard to connect to the internet and establish a connection. It never works out. It either says its connected but nothing of the sort is true or it says it can't connect./find a connection. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Its probabyl some little variable, that no one could figure out without physically being on the computer. On that note hopefully someone may know a little something about connecting a LAN to Win98 as its definately not used to such a connection. I know there are so many variables and its quite vague but if there are any tips to gettin that thing online I thought it was worth a shot to ask it here. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I've just noticed that your post has received no replies since Christmas Eve.. If you are still having problems with your Win 98 machine then please post back with details as to your method of connection to the Internet e.g.via a wireless router/gateway or connected via Cat 5 cable or whatever…the make and model number of your router, ADSL modem or other modem will help. I will then set up a test machine specifically with Win 98 on it so we can walk through the required steps…. Regards paws

Hi, I've just noticed that your post has received no replies since Christmas Eve..

If you are still having problems with your Win 98 machine then please post back with details as to your method of connection to the Internet
e.g.via a wireless router/gateway or connected via Cat 5 cable or whatever…the make and model number of your router, ADSL modem or other modem will help.
I will then set up a test machine specifically with Win 98 on it so we can walk through the required steps….
Regards
paws


Thanks for the response Paws. I will respond tonight or tommorow night with the details you secified. Have a good day.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI