Monitor
12 min read
Yes, it is possible….but it requires some extra kit.
First off, you need to grab yourself a DVI-VGA adapter. You need to make sure it's a DVI Female and a VGA Male adapter.
Then, you need to grab yourself a HDMI to DVI cable. So that's a HDMI Male on one end and a DVI Male on the other.
So that's the video part sorted. One thing to look out for is that your PS3 will send the video in standard sizes and resolutions. If your monitor doesn't support a 720p wide-screen resolution (so that's 1280 Pixels by 720 Pixels), it might look distorted. If it's a 4:3 ratio display, you need to make sure your PS3 is broadcasting in that format.
As for the sound, you have to go into your PS3 settings to specify video output via HDMI and audio output via the component/composite cable that was supplied with your PS3. You just have to hook the red and white phono cables up to a stereo and you should be fine. If you're wanting to plug it into something that only supports a 3.5 mm Audio jack, you need to grab yourself a Phono to 3.55mm Audio Jack adapter.
All these cables are available from Amazon, and shouldn't cost you more than £10 / $15.
Thanks for the info! I'll post if this worked or not as soon as I get everything.
As for the sound, you have to go into your PS3 settings to specify video output via HDMI and audio output via the component/composite cable that was supplied with your PS3. You just have to hook the red and white phono cables up to a stereo and you should be fine. If you're wanting to plug it into something that only supports a 3.5 mm Audio jack, you need to grab yourself a Phono to 3.55mm Audio Jack adapter.
I've got a question concerning this. I want to use my computer speakers as the "stereo" device. What adapter would I need if my speakers are male? Would I need to get a 3.5mm gender changer and then get the adapter male 3.5mm to female RCA ?
This still conerns the playstation 3's audio function by the way.
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Female-3-5mm-Mon…571&sr=1-13
I just want to know before i order anything.
this better for what you want??
ignore post i missed this
What adapter would I need if my speakers are male?
As for the sound, you have to go into your PS3 settings to specify video output via HDMI and audio output via the component/composite cable that was supplied with your PS3. You just have to hook the red and white phono cables up to a stereo and you should be fine. If you're wanting to plug it into something that only supports a 3.5 mm Audio jack, you need to grab yourself a Phono to 3.55mm Audio Jack adapter.
How do i specify my PS3 Settings to video output via HDMI and audio output via compenent cable?
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI