Deleted Member
Topic Starter
This machine is a Dell Latitude running XP.
1. Start up is extremely slow . This appears to be a result of Zone Alarm's slow initialization process. I would like to replace ZA and Symantec Virus protection with AVG ( unless someone knows of a better alternative). My question here is how dificult is it to uninstall Symantic? Another technician walked me through the process on another computer and indicated that simply using uninstall would not get rid of everything. I wasn't smart enough to write it down. I was very pleased with the results and like AVG.
2. After start up, I usually get a message that IE cannot make the internet connection and would I like to run the diagnostics. Usually after running the diagnostics, IE says no problem was found. I then make the connection to my home page with no further problems. Occasionally, I am forced to reboot (particularly when explorer has not been used for a while). Any Idea as to what is happening here?
3. What is a "super Hub" ? I have a Belkin 4-port hub, but when I try to use one of my 2GB flash pens, I get a the message that I need a "super hub".
Is this the proper forum if I have questions when I try to hook up a new wireless modem?
Thank you for any help!