This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

VIRUS ALERT ! in the system tray next to the clock

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi can you help me…..I'm having a VIRUS ALERT! in my system tray,well this appeared after my laptop started responding very slow when browsing the net and responding to commands.I was receiving unnecessary pop-ups requesting me to download and install antispyware and Malware saying my laptop had spyware,adware and registry corrupted I was using McAfee at the time but was not doing much help.I ended up downloading pc tools to fix my registry well some errors were fixed but that one remained in the system tray.Someone advised me to use smitfraudfix.exe but still its the same,l have uninstalled McAfee,pc registry tools and l'm now using NortonAntivirus that came with Bt broadband, now my internet explorer is acting up not loading up some web pages.I have tried to revert back to the older version IE6 and uninstalled Bt broadband but still the same problem until today l came across this site called What the Tech…. Please can you help me…..!!!!
This is in the wrong forum, but Ill try to help you too:) EDIT by LDTate Regards, Nick Kitmitto
DeadBeet,
Please do not suggest any infection fixes.
ONLY trained Malware Team members are allowed to do that here at WTT.

I would suggest you follow what the Tech Team does with this type of issue like Abydos posted.