This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Frozen recently updated Outook 2003 with 2007 compatibility p

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, I hope all is well. Yesterday my father updated his computer, that is Windows XP SP3 with Office 2003 Pro. He downloaded and tried to install ms outlook 2007 compatibility packets and today the mouse keeps freezing and we cannot use the computer. I'm not sure if this is a Outlook or Windows XP SP3 problem, but more so an installation problem from Outlook. I'm having issues locating the file that was supposed to be installed yesterday that my father just said had a problem downloading and he never restarted. FYI the compatiblity packet file is not located in my add / remove programs so I cannot delete/unintstall it and then try an update via microsoft to correct the problem. It even Freezes in safe mode with networking, or last known good configuration. It will load in the normal safe mode but that's hit or miss too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just run ATF cleaner to clean things up a bit but I don't believe this is helpful. Update 1:02 pm pacific Normal Load: I can log in sometimes but after ESET loads or I go anywhere it immediately freezes mouse and everything, once the windows updates popped up with Updates which I believe need to be done first. 2:34 pm - so I've uninstalled my antivirus and that did nothing. It still won't load noramlly, via restore and now I can't even get the windows recovery console to load it get's to the screen but freezes and goes no where. Any advice would be appreciated as it seems this thing just choked. I've been up to date with all antivirus, scan with atl cleaner, use malawarebytes antimalware and other programs from the forum but this happened all of a sudden.
jdurham05,

If you are still having difficulty with the same problem:

consider:
Role back to a Restore Point, prior to installaton of updates, particularly Outlook compatibility pack.
or
Uninstall the recent updates, particularly Outlook compatibility pack.
or
Run System File Check— Start - Run - sfc /scannow (have your XP CD handy in case of need.)
or
run Windows CHECKDISK — Start - Run - (type)cmd - Press enter - at the blinking cursor - (type)chkdsk /r - Press enter.
Select "Y" to allow CheckDisk to run when the machine is rebooted.
Reboot

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI