This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Office 2007 Pro Outlook and IE Freeze

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am experiencing problems when using Outlook and IE at times the puter freezes (CPU races) and after a while it clears itself. So far I have checked for viruses and Malware and definitely all CLEAN. I have checked the operating system and that seems fine. I have run defrags anf disk checks including /f and /r and still no improvement. I think the problem is in Office. I have tried the diagnostic tool which tells me nothing and I have done a repair and I have uninstalled and reinstalled office as well and still the problem. When I uninstall I suspect that there are files which are kept because settings come back automatically. I have had this problem for 7 weeks now and because of my lack of expertise I have resisted a total reinstall which would probably fix it. Any ideas please?? I am getting a bit desperate.
well done :thumbup: Glad you got it fixed. Its amazing what a difference a clean install makes…. a bit time comsuming, but well worth it! Regards paws
I have a problem with the Outlook pst file. When I restored my pst ,Outlook frezzes sometimes. I am going to blow that away too and redo it. Time consuming transferring contacts etc manually but i dont see anyway around that. can anyone help me with it???

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI