Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Office 2007 Pro Outlook and IE Freeze

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 infinite1

infinite1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

I am experiencing problems when using Outlook and IE at times the puter freezes (CPU races) and after a while it clears itself. So far I have checked for viruses and Malware and definitely all CLEAN. I have checked the operating system and that seems fine. I have run defrags anf disk checks including /f and /r and still no improvement. I think the problem is in Office. I have tried the diagnostic tool which tells me nothing and I have done a repair and I have uninstalled and reinstalled office as well and still the problem. When I uninstall I suspect that there are files which are kept because settings come back automatically. I have had this problem for 7 weeks now and because of my lack of expertise I have resisted a total reinstall which would probably fix it. Any ideas please?? I am getting a bit desperate.

Edited by infinite1, 13 August 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 infinite1

infinite1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

I blew away the partition and reformatted both drives and rinstalled everything. Nearly there and so far AOK !

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

well done :thumbup: Glad you got it fixed. Its amazing what a difference a clean install makes.... a bit time comsuming, but well worth it! Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 infinite1

infinite1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

I have a problem with the Outlook pst file. When I restored my pst ,Outlook frezzes sometimes. I am going to blow that away too and redo it. Time consuming transferring contacts etc manually but i dont see anyway around that. can anyone help me with it???