I accidentally install the personal antivirus thinking that it was from my real virus protection and instead installed this mess of a program that's totally ruining my computer. It won't give me the option of uninstalling it either. I have looked at websites trying to get rid of it and I just keep getting the same one and it doesn't help at all. Does anyone know what I can do? My mom is going to be mad when all these pop ups about viruses that don't even exist keep popping up 24/7. And, it won't let me on a bunch of websites either. Ahh! Help please, asap!!!!!! Thanks!!!
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.
Vista and Windows 7 users: 1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
You might want to print these instructions out.
I suggest you do this:
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab. Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders." Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All [external image: Posted Image]
Click the Empty Selected button.
(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)
It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.