I've never posted on one of these help forums becuase I usually don't get viruses..till this week.
My IE browser is different, it has the netadv toolbar thingy to the top right saying "Remove popups-Scan Spyware-Security Test- Spam protection" Sometimes it also switches me to some fake antivirus website and after searching for it I find it win32, but can't delete it… I'm a noob at computers.
I've seen a major change in speed from this week compared to last month and I am about to go crazy if i don't get this virus off my laptop…
SmitFraudFix v2.240
Scan done at 21:17:45.82, Sat 10/13/2007
Run from C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\HP Connections\6811507\Program\HP Connections.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KhalShared\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\Shared\HPQTOA~1.EXE
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Windows
C:\Windows\netadv.dll FOUND !
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Windows\system
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Windows\Web
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Windows\system32
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Users\Aaron
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Users\Aaron\Application Data
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Users\Aaron\FAVORI~1
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files\VideoAccessCodec\ FOUND !
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!
SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Rustock
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS
Description: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.76.178
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.78.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{FB752252-16F1-42FC-A2AF-44F7F88618FC}: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{FB752252-16F1-42FC-A2AF-44F7F88618FC}: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{FB752252-16F1-42FC-A2AF-44F7F88618FC}: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=[removed] [removed]
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End
I really need some help, because I was planning to purchase items online, but I do not want to use my credit card…
It's a netadv toolbar virus along with some friends of it slowing down my computer and making random pop ups.
Hi
Could you post hjt log too, please?
Download and install
TrendMicro HijackThis
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only
* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log